Thursday, August 24, 2017

A four thousand dollar loss

Thursday turned out very well, even if I lost 5 thousand dollars.  I was able to do the first part of my knee exercises, finish putting all my stuff away, then drive over to Food Lion for some supplies.  I drove over to meet Claire Hall at 12:00 at Greens and we had a nice sushi lunch.  We then took a walk on the Tech campus and finished with yogurt from the yogurt place.  I drove home for a nap then got up and played flute for a half hour, then went for a 30 minute bike ride, then later a 30 minute walk.  I came home and made dinner then went out for my prayers and songs at the gazebo.  I still have my weights and yoga to do but I should have plenty of time.  The 5K loss is because of being on sick leave and a thousand dollar bill for my last chemo (I made almost 13K more because of the sick leave so that should reduce my social security by around 4K so that is a real hit).  On the positive side it will reduce my income for this tax year so I should get about a thousand back so it’s really a 4K loss.  I still will have a few thousand left after tax time and that doesn’t include if I get to claim any kind of loss on the sale of the hollow.  I am still not missing the hollow and I am still really enjoying the safety and lack of worry living in Hethwood.  I am sure at some point I will miss the hollow but certainly not right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment