Wednesday, August 23, 2017

My Knee is Okay

Tuesday was a good day, and I ended up practicing my piano, doing one part of my knee exercises, reading more of The Idiot and Numbers, riding my bike on the flat part of the Huckleberry trail for 25 minutes, then I drove out to Walker Creek and worked hard for one small red eye.  I got back just before dark and did my songs and prayers in the gazebo and did my weights and part of my yoga after that.  I am getting to bed by 12:00 and that seems to be working fine. 

Wednesday was a very good day.  I did part of my knee exercises, did some more straightening up (almost finished), and then got showered and headed to see Matt at Dr. Gardner’s office.   I was pretty scared that I had done some damage to the knee replacement, but the x-rays were fine and Matt checked out the knee and said it was fine also.  He did want me to keep riding less and staying on flat ground and just doing the non-bending knee exercises for now.  He also suggested moist heat to help soothe the knee.    I was real happy when I left.  Then I drove up to Valley Repair and Glen gave me a flute to keep (which I will if I can play it, but I will return it if my TMJ comes back).  I chatted with Glen and Tom for over an hour, mainly about Christian stuff.  It was nice to see them and I met Glen’s wife.  He also said he would invite me for dinner some night and I think that would be fun.  I drove home and took a long nap, then I got up and tried out the flute and I did very well with it.  I hope the TMJ doesn’t come back and I have to give it up.  After that I rode my bike for 30 minutes on the flat part of the Huckleberry Trail and that felt good.  I made dinner of Mac and Cheese and steamed vegetables, then I went out to the Gazebo for my prayers and songs.    I got a form from Anthem saying that over 900 dollars of my last chemo wasn’t covered but I hope that I won’t get billed that much.  Once I cover my deductible for the year, I assume everything will be covered again.


No comments:

Post a Comment