Saturday, August 19, 2017

Settling In

Friday turned out to be a good day.  I did more putting things away and that was helpful.  I did my knee exercises and my weights and yoga, then drove out to give Dougie the battery powered chainsaw and he gave me a check for 250, as agreed.  Then I came back and rode my bike on the Tech campus then came home and ended up going out to the gazebo (about 150 yards away) and doing my prayers and songs (very low).  My left knee is hurting too much and popping some so I think I have to rest it more.  The biggest problem is that I can’t find my checkbook and I looked for it some and still can’t find it.

Saturday was another good day.  I slept okay (I have put a sheet over the window to cut down a lot of the light) and got up around 8:30 and did my knee exercises (and my knee popped a few times and hurt some) then I put together the light I bought for next to the sofa.  I was also able to get my new printer working but no luck on finding my checkbook so I called Union and they put an alert on the account.  I have to go to the bank on Monday even if I find the checkbook.  I still have no check from David Hamilton but I will wait a few more days to give him a chance to send it.  I went out to the Meadows and played very well but my knee popped quite a bit and my knee hurt a lot.  I am going to do my weights and then go do my prayers and songs later, using my portable chair, which is much more comfortable than the gazebo benches and the picnic tables.  Mass was very good and it was nice to Sandy Merrick.  I met a neighbor, Claude Steele and bought 3 raffle tickets from Joseph Mukuni for the Knights of Columbus.  Winner and second place get season tickets to the Tech games.  Overall, I am really comfortable here and amazingly I hardly miss the hollow.  I guess it was just too much for me for too long. 


No comments:

Post a Comment