Saturday, August 26, 2017

Trail's End Road

Saturday was a fine day.  I did the first part of my knee exercises and also worked out my good knee some.  I did my full weights and yoga, played my piano for 25 minutes, and my flute for 30.  Then I decided to head out to Walker Creek and fish and wander.  I caught one small redeye at the White Gate bridge and then drove out to Mechanicsburg and rode down 738 and turned off at Trail’s end road and stopped at a nice spot that was pretty easy to access (the grass was cut right to the bank) and I caught 7 fish (a couple sunfish and the rest redeyes).  I could have easily caught 20 if I moved a bit.  I will return there soon.  I drove back to Blacksburg, took a nap then went for my bike ride of 35 minutes and a little bit of uphill work.  I had decided to go see the MacGregor/Mayweather fight at the Cinebowl but I realized that would put me in close contact with a lot of people so I gave up on the idea.  I drove home took a short walk, which I cut even shorter when my knee started to pop a little.  I will rest it the rest of the night and I may even not go out to pray and sing.  Rob’s mom is doing better and I hope to visit her at some point.  I offered to send flowers but Rob said wait.  I told him about the mark on my face and he is going to look at it when I come in for blood work this week.  I still don’t miss the hollow and I love how easy it is to live here.  I learned that my loss on the sale of the hollow isn’t deductible but some of the closing costs may be.  I haven’t budgeted them in so though it would be nice I will be okay without any extra deductions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment