Friday, February 17, 2017

Some new medical concerns

I had an overall decent day with some concerning news. My albumen level is at 2.1 and Rob would like it to be higher. He said that I should have my blood tested next week and I resisted at first, wanting a break of two weeks but he convinced me to do it next Thursday. I talked to Trivedi about going down to 2 lasix and she thought that was fine, since I was down to 223, but she said that if my weight goes up to go back on three Lasix. She also thought that I should go to UVA to get a second opinion on my treatment plan if the albumen and the protein in the urine levels don’t get better. She is going to set it up and that will give me a month or so to see what is going on. Rob said nothing I am doing is causing the problem and agreed that the 60-80 grams of protein a day is an acceptable level. I had a nice lunch with Claire and we had a wide ranging discussion. Later she texted me that the house offer was accepted contingent on a 500 dollar house warranty fee which I offered to pay. I talked with Kim Gainer and she let me sit down in her office before she told me she still had an upper respiratory problem and I jumped out of my chair and moved my seat out the doorway. She seems to be doing very well and should officially be the new permanent associate dean shortly. I played golf and was pretty awful, shooting a 54 on the front 9, which actually was two strokes better than my goal of 56. I played pretty well on the last 4 holes (the last two on the back nine usually cause me a lot of trouble) shooting a 6, 5, 4 and a 7 that should have been a 6. I went to my office for a nap and then took a 25 minute walk on the 4th floor. I went and got my meds and tried to get a fishing license but the website wouldn’t work. I then went to dinner at O’Charley’s and had their new Peach Chutney chicken and that was pretty good, with broccoli and potassium rich sweet potatoes. I did my lumosity training and my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment