Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Emergency Room visit ends well

Last night didn’t turn out anything like I expected. I finished up in my office and I went to the bathroom and then went to wash my teacup and I looked in the mirror and I saw that my left eye was bright red. Wow! Scary! I called Rob immediately and he thought it was not that big a problem, just a burst blood vessel in my eye probably but he advised me to go to the emergency room just to be sure. I did and it went very well and my eye should heal up in two weeks or so. I was in the emergency room over an hour but not much more. The sight in my left eye was slightly impaired but not much. I went to O’Charley’s for dinner and then drove home with no problem. Tuesday morning I called Rob’s office and wanted to see if he was going to increase my blood pressure medication since the ER doctors thought he should make the decision. He said to increase the one of the drugs to 4 per day from 2 and said that since my dose was so low we could go to 8 per day if needed. I started on that today and I hope to have my blood pressure down in a few days. For a while I couldn’t even get a reading on my blood pressure machine because my pulse was very irregular and I think I should mention this to Rob. I did some piano and then did a short walk down to the second log seat, visited my big white pine, and got back in time for a long nap. I didn’t have the energy to do my biking but I did two repetitions of weights and yoga. I then headed for Toyota to have my truck inspected and I decided not to return calls from Trivedi and Montgomery Regional Hospital. I will wait till tomorrow since I really need a break. My kayak friend was very concerned about my eye and I assured her that it is not a big problem. I am hoping to have dinner with her on next Wednesday. I haven’t heard from Claire but I assume I will before Friday. I called UPS and they didn’t have my Vital Choice package but told me to track it and I found out it had been delivered to the wrong address. Fortunately, it had been delivered to the log house at the gate and I was able to retrieve it with no problem from the front porch. I put it in the freezer and took a nap on the couch then watched the first half of the Duke game before pushing myself hard to drive in to O’Charleys for the second half, where Duke won pretty easily over Florida State. Grayson Allen is still injured but he did play. Frank Jackson was amazing for Duke. I had done my lumosity at Toyota and so all I had to do was my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment